with: Shai Plonski
Westport: May 2nd - 3rd
From: 9:00am - 5:00pm
foundations of thai level 2
Cost of Attendance:
$425/$500 with in 60 days of training
Thai Massage is an ancient and timeless therapeutic approach which combines yoga with an extensive range of touch techniques using your whole body to help give. It is amazingly effective in promoting deep relaxation, easing all manner of aches & pains, improving circulation, boosting the immune system, and balancing the body energetically, thus facilitating mind-body integration. TM incorporates an integrative form of yoga for the practitioner as well as the recipient, enhancing one's sense of alignment, vitality and health. This course adds 40 minutes of new massage techniques, reinforces all Level 1 material, and introduces students to the fundamentals of Ayurveda, the ancient Indian healing system and sister science to yoga. Level 2 bridges Thai massage with its historical roots in Ayurveda teaching students practical, hands-on methods for applying Ayurvedic wisdom to deepen the therapeutic quality of their practice. As students learn the fundamentals of Ayurvedic principles and the three mind-body constitutions (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha), they will apply these concepts to craft highly customized massages that address physical needs, enhance client relationships, and create a customized, holistic massage experience. Learning how to massage with ones knees at this early point in the training will help to reduce injuries and reliance on ones hands and thumbs and facilitate deep pressure massage.
Level 2 Foundations in Thai Massage focuses on:
• Reinforcing and deepening the application of Level 1 postures;
• Adding 40 minutes of new techniques to treat areas of greater need such as the shoulders, neck, back, and hamstrings;
• Using the knees as a new touch technique and massage tool;
• Understanding the fundamental concepts of Ayurveda;
• Determining a client’s Ayurvedic constitution; and
• Building client relationships—the key to a successful business.
• Thai Massage: Unlocking the Secrets of Universal Touch by Shai Plonski & Megan Shane Required Preparation:
• There are Ayurveda videos and exercises that students will be asked to do ahead of class time to familiarize themselves with the three doshas and how to complete an ayurvedic questionnaire.
This is the second class in our Professional Training Program. Complete this class and a series of practice massages in order to qualify for Primary Certification. Still Light Centre is accredited with NCBTMB.