the journey to india tour
Please visit www.sevantiadventures.com for full retreat details.
4500 per person double occupancy
Registration Deadline: January 4, 2020 | Limited spaces
The Journey to India is a magical quest through the spiritual epicenters of sacred India. The 2020 journey will begin in Kerala with the Sacred Sap Retreat, a week of rejuvenation at the Somatheeram Ayurveda Village. Gentle daily yoga and destressing Ayurvedic treatments will ground us and awaken our senses to the beauty of India and ourselves. Then we’ll travel to north India for the Post Retreat Tour to explore the cultural and spiritual epicenters of Varanasi and the Taj Mahal. The ultimate India experience.
The tour is more than traveling India, it is a deep healing journey through our own hearts, awakening us to the call of our soul’s journey.
South India | February 7-14, 2020
Also known as the Spice Coast and Malabar Coast, Kerala defines the southwest coastline of India with miles of beaches, coconut trees, backwaters, elephants, waterfalls and nature reserves unparalleled elsewhere on the planet.
Kerala is famous for it’s ayurveda, considered the deepest ayurvedic tradition in India. Here you will find beautiful healing foods, pure fragrant oils used on the body in soothing warm oil massages, marma point treatments, shirodhara third-eye oil streams, and full body warm oil baths which combine to erase years from your body and mind.
The intention of this retreat is complete rejuvenation to restore the sacred sap. Daily treatments are deeply relaxing and nourishing, the food is purely sattvic, dinner is served under the stars with live traditional Indian music and dance performances. The mind and the senses are made pure and calm.
Sacred Sap Retreat Includes:
• Seven (7) nights accommodations at the famous Somatheeram Ayurveda Village located on the beach of the Arabian Sea just south of the city of Trivandrum (state of Kerala)
• Three meals per day with your choice of traditional Kerala cuisine or cleansing ayurvedic diet tailored to your constitution. Vegan, vegetarian and seafood options available.
• Daily 90 minute Ayurvedic full-body rejuvenation massages and treatments from trained Ayurveda doctors and body therapists
• Daily morning gentle yoga and meditation practice overlooking the sea.
• Daily talks on Ayurveda, Hinduism, temple etiquette, Kerala culture, and itinerary planning
• Special Sunset Ganesh Puja at Shiva Temple: throw and crack coconuts for removal of inner and outer obstacles + Shiva temple ceremony
• Half day boat tour of the lush jungle “backwaters” of Kerala
• Half day visit to the famous Attukal Bhadrakali Temple in Trivandrum for a special puja ceremony to goddess Kali
North India | February 14-18, 2020
After seven days of unwinding and rejuvenation at Somatheeram, our body, minds and hearts are ready for the journey north on a five-day tour to the ancient holy city of Varanasi and the Taj Mahal.
In Varanasi we will make the sacred tour of the temples along the banks of the Ganges River by row boat. We will make offerings to the Divine Mother, witness thousands of bathing pilgrims at the famous bathing ghats on the Ganges, and in the evening witness dozens of cremations at the cremation ghats. We will visit the Golden Temple and meet sadhus and other yogis meditating on the river’s banks. After sunset we will witness one of the largest ceremonies in India, the daily Ganga Arti, which honors the Divine Feminine in the form of Ganga, the Ganges River that provides life to millions of people.
From Varanasi we will fly to Delhi, then take a luxury bus to Agra to tour the Taj Mahal, the greatest temple to love. We will rise early in predawn llight to witness the early morning sunlight bathe the Taj dome, changing colors every few minutes with the change is morning light. The palpable love in the Taj opens the hearts of all who stand before it.
Post Retreat Tour Includes:
• Offered to Sacred Sap Retreat participants only
• 4 nights, 4 star accommodations at the Radisson Varanasi Hotel and The Taj Hotel in Agra
• Breakfast buffet included
• Guided tours of the Ganges in Varanasi, including an early morning sunrise puja (sacred prayer and offering to the divine); also includes a late afternoon and evening return to the Ganges to witness the creations at the Manikarnika cremation temple and the daily Goddess Ganga Aarti fire ceremony on the banks of the Ganges.
• Guided tour of the Taj Mahal in the early morning to witness the rising sun change colors on the Taj dome; an afternoon guided tour of the Agra Fort.
• Auto transport from Delhi to Agra, and Agra to Delhi included
• All India domestic flights (TRV-VNS and VNS-DEL) included
Please feel free to call us at (310) 393-4124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this retreat. We are currently taking deposits to secure one of the limited spaces. Register here or contact us now to join this life changing experience.
Tour Registration Deadline: January 4, 2020