click to view upcoming schedules and sign up for this workshop.
Each 3 hour weekly session will be an introduction to the topics below. Continuing to study and grow as a teacher is essential to being able to offer inspiring, fresh and informative classes for your students.
1. Intermediate Anatomy: layering the muscle groups and joint systems to back up all the stitching then back together into global alignment principles.
2. Adjusting: Learn to communication thru refining your touch. Ground yourself as a teacher and understand the dynamic of centering between yours and your students stance.
3. Therapeutic Yoga: teaching effectively with injuries and injury prevention. Dealing with the symptoms and the root cause of imbalances and compensation.
4. Sequencing: next level structuring basics to advanced classes that take into account multiple parameters while amplifying your unique style and creative imagination.
5. Vinyasa vs. static technique: understand the difference between how to teach soulful breath based flow and when to stop and dive into the crisp alignment of postures.
6. Stance work: the standing poses are the best place to learn to observe and break down movement patterns and postural deficiencies.
with Gina Norman & Charles Matkin
Westport: Wednesdays, January 7th - February 11th, 2015 from 11am-2pm
Cost of attendance: Kaia Yoga Teachers: $300
Outside Yoga Teachers: $450
Share with your friends. (It's good Karma.)